Valentine's Day Craft
Warm your hearts and hands by making a sweet Valentine’s Day banner this month. This activity allows your child to practice fine motor precision and hand/eye coordination while building hand strength.
- Yarn in Valentine's Colors
- Colored Paper in Valentine's Colors
- Pen, Pencil, Crayon, or Marker
- Handheld Hole Punch
- Clear Tape
Provides Opportunity to Practice:
- Fine Motor Precision
- Hand/Eye Coordination
- Hand Strength
- Trace or draw hearts on colored paper.
- Cut out hearts with scissors.
- Make a small “x” near the top of each heart.
- Use the hole punch to make a hole right over the “x”.
- Thread the yarn through the hearts.
- Ta da! Hang up over a doorway, window, or on the wall.
Up for a challenge? Try this:
- Use the hole punch to make letters in each of the hearts (i.e. L-0-V-E).
- Cut out hearts with a scalloped edge.
- Cut out smaller hearts.
Your child’s therapist “grades” or increases/decreases the difficulty of tasks to make the just right challenge for each kid. Try this at home ☺
***Thank you to Jordan for modeling this month’s activity with a big smile! ***