I Spy Nature Walk Activity
April showers bring May flowers! This month is a beautiful one to spend outside! Create an I Spy scavenger hunt or bingo with your child. This activity helps build vocabulary, visual scanning, joint attention, and turn taking.
Age: pre-K to 2nd grade
What does this activity work on?
- Building vocabulary
- Visual scanning
- Joint attention
- Turn taking/requesting
- Two toilet paper rolls (per person)
- Writing utensil/Stickers
Let's get started:
- Create binoculars out of two toilet paper rolls glued or taped together. You can even paint them or add stickers to personalize them. Add a string to make a neck strap too.
- Create a list of outdoor items/organisms or print free nature bingo downloadable online.
- Drive to a park or even explore your own backyard.
- Get your exploration on! Circle, check, or place a sticker on items you find.
- Here is a sneaky tip- only bring one pencil or one set of binoculars to increase turn taking and requesting opportunities!