Our Mentorship Program
The Mission of the TheraPLACE Learning Center Mentorship Program is to provide structure, support and a positive learning environment for new occupational therapists, speech therapists and physical therapists during their first several months- a year of employment at TheraPLACE. By developing the mentor/mentee relationship, the goal is to enable therapists to provide effective, meaningful and goal-directed therapeutic intervention to the pediatric/young adult population. Components of the program include but are not limited to
- Extensive opportunities for observation
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with mentor
- Frequent opportunities for educational webinars and in-services
- Opportunities to collaborate with other disciplines
- Documentation tutorials as well as review for daily notes, progress reports and re-evaluations until proficiency and comfort level is reached
- Comprehensive review following 90 days of employment to establish learning goals and action plan
Therapists enrolled in the mentorship program will:
- Develop and strengthen knowledge and clinical skills for evaluating and treating the pediatric/young adult population using a holistic, team approach.
- Gain self confidence and problem solving skills with plan of care creation, treatment planning/implementation and caregiver education to allow clients to reach goals to their highest potential.
- Develop a solid foundation on which to grow as a therapist as well as develop areas of specialization if desired.